What is Class?
- Class never runs scared. It is sure-footed and confident in the knowledge that you can meet life head-on and handle whatever comes along.
- Class never makes excuses. It takes its lumps and learns from past mistakes.
- Class is considerate of others. It knows that good manners are nothing more than a series of petty sacrifices.
- Class bespeaks an aristocracy that has nothing to do with ancestors or money. The most affluent blueblood can be totally without class while the descendant of a humble background may ooze class from every pore.
- Class never tries to build itself up by tearing others down. Class is already up and need not strive to look better by making others look worse.
- Class can “walk with kings and keep its virtue, and walk with crowds and keep in common touch.” Everyone is comfortable with the person who has class – because he is comfortable with himself.
- If you have class, you don’t need much of anything else. If you don’t have it, no matter what else you have – it doesn’t make much difference.
1 When the LORD restored the fortunes of[a] Zion,
we were like those who dreamed.[b]
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
“The LORD has done great things for them.”
3 The LORD has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
4 Restore our fortunes,[c] LORD,
like streams in the Negev.
5 Those who sow with tears
will reap with songs of joy.
6 Those who go out weeping,
carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
carrying sheaves with them.