- The dress code for speech tournaments is formal: Proper attire is dress clothes (skirts, dresses, dress pants, dress shirts, etc.). No jeans of any kind are allowed. No khaki pants are allowed. We want to maintain a professional manner and our dress contributes to that. You will be left at home if you are not dressed properly.
- You will remain in your dress clothes until the end of the tournament; however, you may wear a sweatshirt until the awards ceremony. If you need help getting proper clothing for speech tournaments, please see Mr. Bambrick.
Before Your Speech
- Be prepared! The work you put into preparing your speech during the week will go along way toward a having a good meet on Saturday.
- After our team meeting and after you have received your schedule, find your rooms.
- Leave your coat &/or bag(s) in the meeting area. Bring only your script, a pen/pencil, water, and yourself to your speaking room.
- Be in the room 5 minutes before the round begins.
During & After the Rounds
- Sit quietly during each speaker (pay attention!) and applaud after each speech. Be polite!
- Return to the meeting area after each round to check in with Mr. Bambrick (or at least to see if he's there!).
- Be quiet walking through the hallways; speeches are taking place all around you!
- Clean up after yourself.
- Remember that all times that you are not just representing your team or school, but the entire Fulda community. Words and actions should reflect as such.